Friday, April 15, 2011

Chemo

I was up early this morning. After being sick yesterday with some kind of GI bug, I realized about 4:30am that I wasn't going to be up to taking Jack (our Ruby Cavalier) to Auburn for his second round of chemo. So, I waved meekly at Paul and Jack as they pulled out of the driveway bound for Alabama.
Since we haven't be able to bathe Jack for the last month I decided to get out the brush and grooming spray to "freshen" him up a bit. Before signing onto write I looked up my friend's blog to see how she is coping with her chemo. Oddly enough she and Jack are both on the same chemo regime. She wrote about her extreme fatigue and her hypersensitivity to smells. Specifically she wrote about a care giver's perfume and how it was difficult to tolerate. AND so now, I'm sitting thinking that spraying poor Jack with grooming spray was a terrible idea. Can you imagine how magnified his doggie sense of smell has become if he is experiencing the same side effects as my friend? If he could only speak, I wonder what he would be saying to me about right now.
And then, of course, there are the other "boys." Robbie and Gus were devastated when only Jack got to go to the car this morning. It's been nearly three hours and they haven't budged from the back door.
As for me, I'm exhausted and need to return to my bed. Time to grab an afghan and a pup and seek the rest my body is requiring.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for commenting over at my blog :) Just reading through your blog and I hope Jack is doing well! I'm sure your grooming spray was meant in a good was, and he understands :)

    ReplyDelete