Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Voice

I wrote the previous post some months ago in answer to a friend whose grown child had chosen to reject her and cut her completely out of her life. My friend is a woman who is ill and suffers greatly both physically and emotionally. I didn't know what to say to her and so I began writing in an effort to express what I know to be true.
Since then, I have heard from other friends who are also facing terrible circumstances in life which involve rejection, suffering, dire illness, grave loss. If you spend enough time on this earth, you, too, will encounter such things. And, you must somehow know how to separate the true from the trite.
I have experienced a portion of suffering, rejection and bewilderment in my journey. I have seen grave illnesses, been rejected by a much loved child. I've had to relinquish loved ones and dear friends to death. The question arises, how does one endure without cynicism? How do you keep the melody of your life singing in your heart? As a physician's wife, I hear a lot (somethings I wish I didn't know about); I see a lot. This is my voice and my response to some of what I have encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment